Good Morning from New York! I love this week’s list. I also love that I’m spending the next few days in here with my newly minted 5 year old.
Being here with my little buddy gives me the perfect excuse to shamelessly explore NYC like a kid. Here are the other things making me happy…
- My Own Wave…It really only takes one song, not a whole playlist, to reinvigorate my running. Addidas is using Kid Cudi’s Surfin in their new commercial and I’m in love. Get this and you will run faster (at least for 3 minutes and 58 seconds.)
- Even My Out of Season Purses Have Their Own Lip Gloss…I have a problem with lip glosses. If I see one, I’m likely going to buy it. Then I feel obligated to use it, even if I don’t like it. My current favorite that I’m happily, not obligatorily, using: W3ll People’s Bio Extreme Lip Gloss in Nudist. Good color, good taste and not too sticky. Am I basic enough, yet?
- Magical Homemade Pad Thai…I finally made a new dinner recipe! This Pad Thai was so special good. We (not just the adults, but two of the kids too!) inhaled it. I made no modifications to the recipe and we definitely got left-overs from it. I love two nights of food from one night of work! Note: the recipe is vegan, but can definitely add chicken, shrimp, beef, etc.
- Stellar Listening Skills…Ever notice something in your Instagram feed and thought, “that’s weird. I don’t remember googling that. How’d they know I was looking for one of those?” If you’ve had that thought, read this.
- Repeat After Me…This mantra has helped me get through (or on in the case of yesterday’s flight) many things. “You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” — Marcus Aurelius
That’s it. Happy Monday!
Don’t forget to follow me here on (my) Rabbit Trails (just enter your email on the right), over on Instagram or on Facebook. I love comments, feedback and shares if you are so inclined (those little buttons below make it so easy!)