Happy Monday! I can’t believe later today will be the first total solar eclipse in the U.S. in 38 years. That gets me pretty excited! Figured I’d honor the eclipse with a sun and moon theme in this week’s top 5. Here it goes…
- Eclipse Playlist…This list of sun and moon songs reveals my weird range of taste in music. From the classic rock my dad raised me on, to the grunge that got my through middle school to the alternative/indie rock I’ve mostly settled on as an adult. The Bill Withers and Neil Young songs are my top 2 – could listen to them all. day. long.
- Sun Songs:
- The Beatles, Here Comes the Sun
- The Beatles, Sun King
- Gordon Lightfoot, Sundown
- Eric Clapton, Sunshine of Your Love
- Elton John, Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me
- The Doors, Waiting for the Sun
- Soundgarden, Black Hole Sun
- Violent Femmes, Blister in the Sun
- Ryan Adams, The Sun Also Sets
- Bill Withers, Ain’t No Sunshine
- Moon Songs:
- Sun Songs:
- The Bigger the Better…Tom Ford’s Whitney Sunglasses might be the best ever. I indulged in them before I had kids. Thank god, because I need something to help keep my secrets (that I am getting old and that I get up too early). If I’m lucky I’ll wear these for the rest of my life, like my grandmother did with her YSL’s.
- A Tennessee Treat…In a post about the sun and the moon, how could I not mention a Moonpie? They were sold at the barbecue restaurant I worked at in high school. When I was promoted from food prep to a cashier, I got to see first hand people’s sentimental attachment to these things!
- Lessons Learned After 44 Trips Around the Sun…I could read a list like this all day long.
- Conserving Energy…The sun provides a lot of energy. Some thoughts on what to do with ours.
- Don’t waste your precious energy chasing people. Let them go to make room for those who appreciate you. — Robert Tew
- You only have so much emotional energy each day. Don’t spend it on things that don’t matter or on people who don’t value you or your time. Be discerning.— Di Riseborough
That’s it for this week. Hope you have a good one. Happy Eclipse viewing!
As always, for more like this you can follow me here on (my) Rabbit Trails (just enter your email on the right), over on Instagram or on Facebook. I love comments, feedback and shares if you are so inclined (those little buttons below make it so easy!)