Happy Monday! June’s ending and summer just officially started, how does that work?! Besides the upcoming Holiday (I know it’s next week), we have a big celebration this week: our youngest turns two.
How did that happen?! We’ll be celebrating with cupcakes and coffee. Cupcakes for the boys and coffee for me – it’s been an active few years. Besides their cute faces, amazing smiles, hugs and kisses, here are the other things making me smile…
- Kicked Back Vibes…This might be the chillest song ever. Mac Demarco’s On the Level is so good. Just don’t watch the video.
- Tidy Up…This is going to be the most boring thing I’ve ever raved about, but it’s amazing: Borax. A colleague recommended it and swore about its laundry super powers. I finally picked some up at the grocery. She was right. I know I talk about honesty, but there will be no before picture of my “white” pillowcase – no one wants to see that. You’ll just have to take my word for it that it made my pillowcase white again. One thing, even thought it’s natural, I started to get nervous about whether it was harmful. I did some internet research. Ultimately, this sums it up best.
- Summer Snack…My summertime weekend go to snack is a smoothie. I have finally nailed my perfect combination: 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1 TB of almond butter. In my oldest son’s words: the almond milk makes it creamy like frozen yogurt. (he’s one of those, like me, who just stopped drinking milk at 3. I feel his pain. Not going to fight him on it.)
- Choice Matters…Apparently the question may not be whether stay at home moms or working moms are happier. The question may be whether one has a choice in the matter. Choosing to do you (whatever you is) seems to be the winner.
- Lessons from Nature…It’s easy to see how some things are perfect as they are. In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful. – Alice Walker
Hope you have a great week! With this week’s family celebration and next week’s Holiday, it may be until next week that we meet again.
For more like this you can follow me here on (my) Rabbit Trails (just enter your email on the right) or over on Instagram. I love comments, feedback and shares if you are so inclined (those little buttons below make it so easy).
And if something has you smiling, add it to the comments below so it can make the rest of us smile too!