How are we already half-way through June?! It’s been a great and busy month so far. Looking forward to a few weekends of no plans parked poolside (ok, I’ll be chasing, but we’ll still be poolside). Here are the things making me happy in these hot days.
- Thankful… James Blunt’s new song, Time of Our Lives. Simple, perfectly said – love it.
- Lashes out…I recently purchased my first eyelash curler (remember this post, I’m playing with make-up like I should have 20 years ago.) And I’m obsessed. I can’t believe the ROI on this quick trick!
- Pancakes at Every Meal…That’s what happened yesterday after we made these pancakes for Father’s Day. Because they were that good and the recipe makes a lot. They were so good, that I’m actually kind of mad that my boys hogged them (too honest?) The recipe is basically like eating souped up oatmeal with added flour and maple syrup…Only two modifications: I did not use the walnuts. Instead I added a 1/2 cup of vegan mini chocolate chips.
- Love yourself…This honesty is pretty raw and freeing. I’ve torn a lot of this off in the last few years, but reminders are nice and it never hurts to hear you’re not the only one who has gone through it.
- Kindness Matters…I chose this quote early Sunday AM. A few hours later, I got the sweetest text from a dear friend which just highlighted the importance of this concept as her quick kind words changed (and made!) my entire day. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the power to turn a life around. – Leo Buscaglia
That’s it! Hope you have a great week!
For more like this you can follow me here on (my) Rabbit Trails (just enter your email on the right) or over on Instagram. I love comments, feedback and shares if you are so inclined (those little buttons below make it so easy).
And if something has you smiling, add it to the comments below so it can make the rest of us smile too!