Good morning, y’all! I’m finally getting into my routine which means I’m ready for this week! (So ready that I wrote this one last night. Being prepared is the best!) I hope your coffee is in hand, because here are the things making me smile this week…
- Is it September? I know, I’ve been so excited about summer and here I am talking about September, but The National’s new album is being released on September 8th. In the meantime, they’ve released one song: The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness. So naturally, I just keep listening to it on repeat.
- A Short Story…For most of my life, I have avoided shorts. Combine my short legs that haven’t grown since I was 11 with pale skin; it’s not my favorite look. But with kids + summer heat, I need their functionality in the summer. Enter these shorts from J. Crew. Not only am I in love with the price, but I am in love with them! Super cute, flattering and comfortable. Note that J.Crew’s vanity sizing is out of control. I often have to go two sizes down (which is ridiculous, but I’ll confess, I fall for it anyway and leave the store all giddy like: that’s awesome that I fit into an infinity-zero!)
- Guaranteed Clean Plates…I found this crock pot pork a few years ago. It’s billed as the “Best Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin” and it does not disappoint. This week has me away from home during the dinner hour several nights. I needed something easy that I knew my kids would inhale. I follow the recipe except: I only use 1 TB of maple syrup and I use a sliced onion. I serve with roasted broccoli, asparagus or green beans and brown rice. Done.
- Math Equations for Feelings…This article is titled The Silent Killer of Relationships, but I’d sub-title it: And The Silent Killer of Happiness. The goal with these Top 5s is to list things that are making me happy. This article technically doesn’t do that, but it identifies a big factor that can get in the way of happiness and how to navigate around it.
- Wisdom from 2000 years ago…This quote needs no introduction. So fitting for a Monday morning…“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive — to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” — Marcus Aurelius
Hope you have a great week!
For more like this you can follow me here on (my) Rabbit Trails (just enter your email on the right) or over on Instagram. I love comments, feedback and shares if you are so inclined (those little buttons below make it so easy).
And if something has you smiling, add it to the comments below so it can make the rest of us smile too!