Happy Monday! The picture above makes me smile! Saturday we had a lovely time just watching the horses! “Just”…it also included a long walk carting lots of stuff, sweating through our clothes and a melt-down (later described by the 4 year old as him being “grumpy”) on the way to the car, but still worth it.
Themes, consistency, patterns…they all make me super happy so I did one here. Enjoy your coffee and have a great week!
- Pump it up...Finding the time to run has been a little difficult with the move, unpacking and trying to settle. Instead of running far, I’ve been trying to run fast. Go by M83 featuring Mai Lan has two things going for it: 1) the beat and 2) the words (there’s an actual countdown in the song. Apparently I am programmed to run faster when any countdown hits “1”). It makes me run faster, every time.
- Light it up…I have a friend who swears light fixtures are the most underestimated feature in a house. After buying and selling a three houses in the last 18 months, I became a believer. One of her favorites is Circa (eyes for lighting must run in the the owner’s family. Her brother started Visual Comfort), which has gorgeous options. Two houses ago, we had high ceilings and areas where the lights were truly features. For those, a splurge is well worth it. For all the other spaces, my bargain choice is: Overstock.
- Spice it up… We love fajitas around here. Yummy + vegetables + easy = Menu Planning Staple. What I don’t love is all the other stuff in the pre-made seasoning packets. So I found a Fajita Seasoning recipe to make on my own. It is so delicious! One handy thing about the packet: it provides directions. Without directions, here’s what I did: I started with a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet on high heat. I added 3 bell peppers (green, red and yellow) and 1 onion. Then mixed in 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture and 1/4 cup of water – cooking 10-15 minutes. I served it on a tortilla with black beans and rice. No pictures of the final product because we all (yes, all of the children happily ate it) gobbled it down very quickly. Recipe note: I omitted the cayenne (common theme with me).
- Live it up…The title of this article made me think it was going to be a bunch of Successories Poster Lines strung together. I clicked through anyway because I think we all secretly like what those posters have to say. I’m glad I did. The content was less rah-rah and more practical. While they were all great, I could especially use some reminding / help with #4, #7, #9, #12 and half of #13. Number 3 struck a chord; I had come across that quote years ago and have not been able to track it down since. Though I always remembered the first line: there is nothing enlightened about shrinking…
- Hold it Up…I discovered this quote a long long time ago. It has always been a favorite (and makes me think of a special family member in my life). It’s obvious when we think about architecture / construction / tall buildings. But I tend to forget that it applies to humans too.“We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only weakness needs support. Strength needs it far more.”
For more like this you can follow me here on (my) Rabbit Trails (just enter your email on the right) or over on Instagram. I love comments, feedback and shares if you are so inclined (those little buttons below make it so easy). Have a great day!