I used to wander around stores browsing at things. I could use my disposal income to purchase said things. These days, with young kids in tow, there is no wandering (let alone many store visits). And disposable income now equals college funds times 3. For the brief moments that I am a consumer, many of my purchases are driven by my friends’ recommendations.
If you saw this post, you already know that I’m adding a weekly post to (my) Rabbit Trails. Every Monday from here on out, my Weekly Top 5. Whether music, food, consumer goods, a good read – whatever I am hearting, it’ll be here. This is in the spirit of paying it forward and sharing that information to the others out there whose browsing time isn’t what it used to be (or those who just don’t like to browse!).
I know you have a busy week ahead and you want to dive in headfirst, so let’s get to it…
But first, coffee and some light reading 🙂
- I can’t stop listening to Down by Marian Hill. Beautiful voice and chill vibe. So good I can run and relax to it.
- I am fueled to be better for my boys. Even when they are not with me, I am reminded of them, thanks to this bracelet. It’s an inspiration twofer. Not only does it remind of my reason, but it reminds me of what happens with dream + grind. Game Day Feels was started by two sisters who give new purpose to baseball glove laces that can be engraved with your personal message (clearly I chose my boys’ names). I wear it by itself when I’m wearing my uniform (work-out gear), with a silver cuff bracelet for a date night or a fun bangle. It mixes and matches well and dresses up or down. Heart.
- These no bake peanut butter chocolate chip balls. I could tell you how good they are or you could look at the pictures below. The first batch would have been gone in an hour if I wasn’t being all mom-like and telling the boys: Don’t Spoil Your Dinner! Note: Batch #1 shouldn’t be brown. Misreading a recipe is a risk of cooking while three boys are running wild. In the first batch, I mistakenly blended the chocolate chips with the other ingredients, opposed to adding them at the end (like you do with chocolate chip cookies.) After “testing” many from both batches, I preferred Batch #1 (not as dry)!
- It’s never too late to finish something started years before…
- The XX’s third album dropped. Some of my faves: On Hold, Lips, Performance, Say Something Loving…what am I saying?! Like their last two albums, every single song is good.
That’s it. Those are the things making me smile right now. Hope you have a great week!
If you read this and like it, humor me and follow by adding your email address in the right sidebar or at the bottom of this page. It’ll give me 6 things to be smiling about this week 🙂
And if something has you smiling, add it to the comments below so it can make the rest of us smile too!