It made my day when Lauren at The Swirling Dervish nominated (My) Rabbit Trails for this award! Lauren’s blog is an entertaining wealth of knowledge about my favorite vice: wine. Pretty labels are not in her criteria (like it is in mine) which makes her advice informative and helpful. She weaves together good stories, food pairings and of course, reviews of the wines.
Here are the rules for the Real Neat Blog Award:
- Post the Award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like and link to their blog.
- Let them know you nominated them by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are the questions with my answers:
- Where do most visits to your blog come from?
The US, Canada, Brazil, Australia and the UK. Plus drop-ins from 34 other countries that represent all of the continents (which is kind of crazy!)
- What is your favorite sport or exercise?
Running – hands down, well, not literally. It is my time, my strength and my therapy.
- What has been a special moment for you so far in 2016?
My 3 year old learning to ride his bike without training wheels. It was a culmination of many factors coming together. (There will be a future blog post about this.)
- What is your favorite quote?
We cannot become what we need to be, by remaining what we are. – Max DePree. Several years ago, I scribbled this on a post-it and it stays in my planner (yes, I still love rocking a old-school planner.)
- What was your favorite class when still at school?
In high school, it was multimedia because I loved playing with the intersection of technology and visual art. In college, it was Marketing because of the intersection of psychology and business. In law school, it was…hmmm, telling that I didn’t have a favorite class.
- Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
A sharp tongue can sometimes cut its own throat. Verbal abuse is catastrophic: from the act of yelling at another to the inability to use restraint with words. It outshines whatever the matter is at hand and wreaks irreparable damage. Sorry – I got real serious, real quick there.
- What musical instrument have you tried to play?
This is so sad, but only a keyboard. When I was a child, Santa did bring me a keyboard and I taught myself how to play Mary Had a Little Lamb and Silent Night.
I, in turn, would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Real Neat Blog Award:
At Nourished Peach, Melissa’s recipes are yummy, unique and manageable.
For running motivation, The Dancing Runner always comes through. Seeing her commitment motivates me to get out and do the same!
McChillin Photography showcases Sarah’s amazing photography which beautifully captures families and sometimes travel. She’s so talented, looking at her pictures makes me happy.
I hope you all know how much I enjoy your blogs and hope to share your work with others too!